The “Mini Nano V3.0 ATmega328P Microcontroller Board” is a compact development board that is commonly used in the Arduino ecosystem for various embedded system projects. Here’s a detailed description of this board:
- The board features an ATmega328P microcontroller at its core. This microcontroller is part of the AVR family and operates at a clock frequency of 16 MHz. It’s widely used in the Arduino platform and offers a good balance of features and performance for a wide range of applications.
2. Compact Form Factor:
- The Mini Nano board has a small form factor, making it suitable for projects with space constraints or those that require a compact design.
3. USB Connectivity:
- It incorporates a CH340 USB-to-serial converter chip. This allows you to connect the board to your computer via USB for programming and serial communication. You’ll typically need to install the CH340 USB driver to use it with your computer.
4. On-Board Voltage Regulator:
- The board includes a voltage regulator, which provides a stable 5V supply to power the microcontroller and other components. This allows you to power the board from a wider range of input voltages.
5. Input/Output Pins:
- The Mini Nano board provides a set of digital input/output (I/O) pins, analog input pins, and other GPIO pins that can be used to interface with various sensors, displays, and other external components.
6. Integrated LEDs:
- It typically includes built-in LEDs on some of the I/O pins, which can be used for quick testing and debugging of your programs.
7. Arduino Compatibility:
- The Mini Nano board is fully compatible with the Arduino IDE, which means you can program it using the Arduino programming language and libraries. This compatibility makes it accessible to a wide range of developers, from beginners to experts.
- The board’s pinout is designed to be compatible with standard breadboards, making it easy to prototype your projects.
9. Flash Memory:
- The ATmega328P microcontroller typically comes with 32KB of flash memory, which provides ample storage space for your program code.
10. UART and SPI Communication: – The board supports UART (Serial) and SPI communication, allowing you to interface with other devices and modules that use these communication protocols.
11. DIP Package: – This Mini Nano board is often available in a Dual Inline Package (DIP) format, which means it can be easily replaced or removed from your projects.
12. Open-Source: – Like other Arduino-compatible boards, this Mini Nano board is open-source, meaning that its schematics and design files are freely available. You can customize it to suit your specific project needs.
In summary, the Mini Nano V3.0 ATmega328P Microcontroller Board is a versatile and compact development board ideal for a wide range of embedded system projects. Its compatibility with the Arduino ecosystem, small form factor, and robust feature set make it a popular choice among hobbyists, students, and professionals for prototyping and building various electronic devices and applications.